To register for any of our upcoming classes, please call Hounds of York at (416) 593-5225.
- Manners 101, Tricks 101, Agility 101 (June 2017)
- Reactivity 101 (July 2017)
- Puppy Kindergarten Class (Starts Wednesday May 3, 2017)
Puppy Kindergarten Class
Just like kindergarten for kids, your dog will learn the basics, learn to share, You and your puppy attend 4 – 50 min classes taken once per week over the 5 weeks (if you miss a class you can make it up the next class).
Cost $160 + HST.
- Basic manners: sit, down, attention, stand
- Walk with me: walk on a loose leash, correct way to meet on a leash (humans and dogs), walking through doors
- Proper play techniques: keep your puppy safe while playing with other puppies and mature dogs
- Puppy Socialization: explore strange sounds, textures and objects, other socialization activities you should do with your puppy
- Recognizing basic dog behaviours: learn when and what to reward and how to deal with unwanted behaviours
- Discussion Topics:
- Proper crate training
- Potty Training tips and tricks
- Separation Anxiety and how to avoid it
- Nutrition, feeding schedules, foods to avoid
- Dealing with nipping, barking, jumping and rough play
- Fear responses and how to handle
- Grooming and handling your puppy
- Handling “teenage” issues: understand what hormone changes will do to your puppy and how to handle it